Frequently Asked Questions

These pages are for reporting things which are broken, dirty, damaged or dumped, and need fixing, cleaning or clearing, such as the following (See the full list):

  • abandoned vehicles
  • graffiti
  • flytipping and dumped rubbish
  • street cleaning, such as dog fouling and street sweeping
  • unlit lamp posts
  • potholes

While Hart District Council provides some of these services, we will direct you to Hampshire County Council for services they are responsible for.

What issues can’t be reported here?

The following problems should be reported via

  • missed rubbish or recycling collections
  • anti-social behaviour
  • noise pollution or barking dogs
  • fires and smoke/smell pollution
  • proposals for speed bumps/ CCTV/ pedestrian crossings/ new road layouts/ etc.
  • complaining about your neighbours
  • complaining or commenting about the council
Reporting emergencies out of hours

Please do not report problems which present an immediate risk to life, for example missing manhole covers or a fallen lamp column.

Issues reported via the website are only actioned during office hours. If you require an out of hours service please call 01252 622122 and a message will direct you to the relevant Council out of hours service.

How do I report a problem here?
After entering a postcode or location, you are shown a map of that area. You can view problems already reported in that area, or report ones of your own by clicking on the map at the location of the problem.
How are the problems solved?
They are reported directly to us so we can then resolve the problem. You can also discuss the problem on the website with others if you wish.
Do you remove inappropriate or illegal content?
Hart District Council and FixMyStreet are not responsible for the content and accuracy of material submitted by its users. We reserve the right to edit or remove any problems or updates which we consider to be inappropriate upon being informed by a user of the site.
Can I use FixMyStreet on my mobile?

The FixMyStreet website will work on your mobile phone, adapting to the size of your screen automatically.

Is there an app I can download?

Yes, see our instructions on how to download the Hart District Council reporting app.

Can I use these pages to report problems outside of the Hart District?
Yes, if you enter a postcode or address outside the borough you will be re-directed to the main FixMyStreet site that will enable you to report problems elsewhere. FixMyStreet will forward these on to the relevant council.
The site is powered by FixMyStreet, who are they?
FixMyStreet was built by mySociety, in conjunction with the Young Foundation. mySociety is a registered charity, number 1076346, which has grown out of the community of volunteers who built sites like TheyWorkForYou. mySociety’s primary mission is to build Internet projects which give people simple, tangible benefits in the civic and community aspects of their lives. mySociety can be contacted by email at, or by post at mySociety, 483 Green Lanes, London, N13 4BS.
Why does the site use kilometres for measurements?
We use maps from the British national grid reference system, devised by Ordnance Survey. This measures distances in metres and kilometres rather than miles.
Why can’t I zoom out more on the reporting map?
We want to keep reports locally focused, so we restrict the ability to move radically between areas. The map on Your Reports will let you see all the reports you’ve made, wherever they are.

Privacy Questions

Who gets to see my email address?

If you submit a problem, your details and details of the problem will be submitted to Hart District Council or Hampshire County Council, as appropriate. Other than the councils, only FixMySteeet administrators will be able to see your email address and they will never use it for anything other than to help administer FixMyStreet. Read the FixMyStreet privacy policy

What emails will you send to me?
We will email you when we have received your report, and when it has been investigated and actioned. We will only send you emails that relate to an issue you have reported.